Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

House Plans?

I thought we were in a recession, why does it cost so much to build a house? As the prices trickle in I am realizing that this plan might be more than I want to spend. I’m not looking to build up; in fact I would like to build an affordable, modest home, that won’t cost an arm and a leg to keep. I/we also want one that will come closer to allowing me to retire.

After all of the planning and dealing with the architect on our first plan, I am looking at reducing and revising. The slope of the land classifies the general design. We need a walkout idea that walks out to the front of the house and not the rear. The rear needs to face south. And last, but not least, we want the dining area to face westerly to look out over the pasture and future barn. But now we need to sort through the new designs to further condense our needs.
I have found another plan would work really well on our land; giving us the view we want, facing the Southerly direction with all of the living space and it even allows a larger garage – which wouldn’t bother me.

1 comment:

  1. Tim is all excited at figuring out a design on his own for you.

    ReplyDelete