Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hayseed Plowboy

I have been spending way too much time on pasture seed. As is typical, I am analyzing the heck out of this, but learning much. Most of the ‘local’ seed mixes have one or more grasses that alpaca cannot have for one reason or the other. Of course nobody selling it knows this, so I have to do my own homework, find this out and do the legwork to try and track something suitable down. As is natural I would like to buy local if the price is competitive, but I’m having no luck.

I’ve been talking with the former - former owner, would that be the owner twice removed??? He has farmed this property for, I don’t know how long. I want to frost-seed the pasture as soon as allowed to get this going so the grass gets established for next year. I have a deal set up with the former/former, but it is up to me to get some seed for when he is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment