The project that started out bad is continuing in the same direction. Here is what happened; I spun the alpaca/tussah to fingering weight. It seemed to be a strong single - but I didn't know what would happen when I began cutting, warping, and applying tension.
After I had wove about two inches, I noticed the pattern was off. The pattern I needed was 4-3-2-1. What I mistakenly did - about 2 1/2" from the end - was 4-3-2-4. Oops!
I reversed what I have woven, until it was back to the beginning, and re-warped the goofed-up area.
I began weaving again and now 6 inches in, I have had: one broken warp; very crooked right salvage (the left salvage looks perfect) and the pattern doesn't even resemble basket weave...
- I need a 12 dent reed instead of 8 dent (might work)
- I need more even tension on the warp (right salvage)
- I need 2-3" of additional warp added (because of the 12 dent reed)