Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cast on–Cast off…

I think that I have finally finished my hat, and now I am just waiting patiently for inspiration – for the name. 

The grand finale  of finishing the hat, was anything but grand. 

Don’t get me wrong, I was really excited to see it completed. 

I was pleased with the overall design.   images

I was pleased with the yarn choice.   images

I was pleased with the drape and the size.  images   images

But I have been running on empty for so long and was so tired,  that the finishing steps became more frustrating than needed to be.

It might have had something to do with the fact that I stayed up until 11:00 something trying to finish (and not.)  Knowing that I needed to get up very early the next morning, only to drive to Monroe and get…what…

RAINED ON!

But this seems to be the theme for the year right now.  Same channel – same time – next week.

But I did work on some sampling this past weekend. 

It was fun to play with the new yarn that was just delivered. 

A box full of fun.

It’s like Christmas for the dork.

Casting on and casting off, with gauge swatches.

Casting on and casting off with different stitch patterns.

Casting on and frogging before I get to the casting off…

 

Cast on – cast off.

Yes, sensei!

Picture1

Johnny Skein on his perch

2 comments:

  1. What is on Johnny Skein's head? Bunny ears?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous...these are not bunny ears. That is in fact, his hand hovering like the deadly and poisonous Cobra waiting to strike.

    hisssss!

    ReplyDelete