Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Dog Gone Troubles

Again, I am exhausted and the weekend is approaching rapidly.

I drove for almost 30 minutes in the rain - as I was headed to Market on The Square yesterday - only to turn around in Beloit because it didn’t look to be improving as I got closer.

After getting h0me, I left and spent a little time with the Wednesday Knitting group at the library.  Well actually there was only one lady there, but I enjoy her so stuck around.

I managed to get a little yard work done before heading indoors to work on my slouch hat pattern that was soon to turn into major trouble.

I knit – tinked – knit – tinked – knit and tinked some more before heading to bed. Now for those of you that are being stalked by Karie – and you know who you are… This will provide you with a little more of the truth about last nights adventures.

Some of you may find this funny because it may have happened to you.  And everyone knows that misery loves company.

Others might just find it funny, because you enjoy a good laugh at someone else’s expense.

And still, others might just find this gross and never want to come over to our house again.

As I was getting ready for bed, I noticed the dog standing at the water bowl, which was empty.

I filled the bowl up part way, but was reluctant to give her all she wanted.  It is bed time after all.

So I thought aloud – as there were impressionable ears near…Karie cough – “I better not give you too much before bed.”

The next thing I know, the faucet is running again in the kitchen and I enquired what was going on.

Well someone else in the house decided the poor doggy needed more water.

“Remember, what goes in will come out” I said from the other room.  Trying to encourage and not criticize.

Now picture the sound of a dog lapping water…

Still more water…

Yep…more water.

I said “if she wakes me up in the middle of the night I am going to give you the elbow to let her out.”

Well…

At around 12:00 someone gets up and is letting the dog out. I smiled to myself in the dark.

“We need to go sleep in the other room.” she says as she comes back into the room.

Her side of the bed is completely drenched!

I am just glad that it was on her side of the bed and I didn’t wake to a nasty surprise as I got out of bed in the morning.  (that is a different post.)

The poor dog doesn’t just have to go outside once to do her business – like she needed to go outside at all at this point -but the poor dog is forced to go outside multiple times in the next few minutes.

So now I am unable to go to sleep and I find no solace in the nightmare knitting project at 12 something in the morning.

But in the wee hours of the morning, the alarm goes off as usual, at the usual time.

But today, the duo promptly head off to go outside again.

Does anyone have a spare room for me to sleep in tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment