Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wisconsin Weather

At least Saturday wasn’t hot and rainy. 

It was however, really windy and pretty cold. 

The Bank across the street from where we vend, read a high of 53 at one point and I don’t think that last more than a couple of minutes.

I had Karie’s help with the set-up and that made it much easier.  It still took nearly 45 minutes to get it up and ready. 

Karie sat out and spun for a while, until her hands were too cold to feel the fiber and she was having too much trouble spinning.

I knitted for most of the show – on another Brattleboro - and switched to the drop spindle towards the end - as a change.

It was really slow again.  Maybe I should sell hot chocolate next week… 

Maybe iced sweet tea…

One never knows here in Wisconsin.

I can’t believe how exhausting this is though.

I never recovered from Wednesday, before Saturdays show time.  We came home so exhausted that I went to bed at 7:00 and slept for 12 hours.  Wow!

I haven’t done that for about 12 years, and I was really sleep deprived at that time too.  It happens so infrequently that it is very memorable. 

I should clarify…the sleeping 12 hours – not the exhausted.  I find myself exhausted more often.

Needless to say, 1:00 couldn’t come soon enough. 

As glad as I was to see 12:30, Karie was even more excited.

She came out of hibernation from the truck cave and was very eager to sink her teeth into something.

At the point where I mentioned “picking up slowly.”

Karie grabbed another gear and was into overdrive before I could get my engine started.  (I was still cold and stiff from standing out in the cold all day.)   

I carried one packed container to the truck and before I knew it, I turned around and the tent was half down and I hadn’t put any of the merchandise away.  

Now the hurricane force winds were whipping through the vending booth and everything is out and exposed.

So – with husbandly caution – I tried to slow her down and get her focused on protecting the yarn before dropping the canopy.

I really was glad that she was there to help, but I am starting to reconsider what I am doing here, and hoping for some direction. 

I hope when Karie reads this she isn’t still cold from the day and finds humor in it. 

Otherwise it will be a long lonely summer for me and I will be down to only two followers. 

Wish me luck. 

2 comments:

  1. To defend myself, I wanted to get the h..l out of there. The wind was whipping the sides so I thought, heck if I remove the sides, it would be better. It was sort of funny to watch Mark not yell at me. Never tell a woman that she only goes in slow motion or you might regret those words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure as the weather warms up and is more consistently sunny, Karie will be more than happy to continue going along with you. You'll have everything to a streamlined routine before long. Is there room for Karie's workshop loom to go along, too?
    I'm enjoying your posts very much. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete