Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Art in The Park

As I traveled to Paoli, the sky was filled with lightning and dark clouds. 

I delayed setting up due to a torrential down pour and hung out in the truck until the rain started to let up and I felt the need to get moving. 

Fortunately it completely stopped a short while later and the sky filled with blue. 

WHAT IS THAT?

Art in the Park 011

I will take the heat over the  rain today!

As I always say, I enjoy talking about fiber art with other like minded people, and others that are just curious. 

Even though some of the curious ones are little kids…and others are just little kids at heart. 

There is a magnetic attraction between kids feet and the treadles on the spinning wheels.  But today that attraction wasn’t limited to kids.

A grown up came over and with their foot, pressed down on the treadle to see what happens. 

What happened was, the drive belt fell off. 

To this they replied “I don’t think that was supposed to happen.”

Art in the Park 016

Karie came up and joined me a little later in the morning.  We had the Schacht rigid heddle loom out and working with a sample of the scarf you make in the Beginning Rigid Heddle class.

Karie spent most of the day on the spinning wheel and pretty much finished everything she had.  A productive day for her.

I spent most of the day alternating between talking with people and drop spindling.  I was so tired from being on my feet all day and it felt really nice to sit down in the truck for the drive home.  

The day at Paoli was exhausting, but so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment