Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

So, last Saturday at MOTS, I was talking with a lady that is becoming a friend of Sugar River Fiber.  I like those people…

We began talking about this and that, when she brought up a friend that was an artist and was having a show in Paoli, Wisconsin.

One thing led to another and soon I was on this lady’s phone talking with her friend.

With everything happening rather quickly, I had a few more conversations with her and was asked and convinced to attend the Art in the Park on August 20th.

I’m so not worthy…I will have to step up my game - and fast.

On their website, the description read:

Please join us along the banks of the Sugar River in beautiful Paoli, Wisconsin. Over 40 artists will be showcased in this gorgeous setting. Live music, food and good cheer. Silent auction to benefit Autism Society of Greater Madison.

I think that this is soooo cool - wait for it… wait for it… THEY NAMED THE RIVER AFTER US.

So cool.

That’s the Good!

************************************

I am in the process of…having a complete meltdown.

I have been working on a shrug pattern for slightly over 3 months now. 

I knit a little lot, adjust the pattern – or just rip it all out and start over. 

Knit a little more – change a little more.

I have two sizes knitted up and have one more to go, before I attempt to write a charted pattern for it…help…

I MEAN HELP!

For a little down time I decided to work on another pattern that I have been toying with and came to a really bad discovery on my last pattern – The Marieke.

As I am referencing the Marieke pattern, I discover I have been a bad, bad boy.

MISTAKE!

Not a huge mistake, just a really stupid one that could leave person scratching their head.

For an increase row, I mistakenly wrote k2Tog, k1f/b…instead of k2, k1f/b.

What this means for those I have scratching their head right now – I asked you to decrease 1 stitch and then make one stitch…

That doesn’t work…does it?

I have corrected it, but have already hung a few people out to dry with this one. 

Hopefully the five people that read my blog are the same five people that bought the kit. 

In the words of Bugs Bunny “What a maroon.”

This is the bad!

 

************************************

My computer is also in the process of having a complete meltdown. 

Trying to get some videos to YouTube…and it isn’t going very well. 

I don’t know if it is just my computer, but 3 minutes of video takes – oh -  5 hours of upload time. 

What’s up with that?

Meanwhile, the computer can’t walk and chew gum at the same time.  So I am out of commission while it just sits there drooling.

Maybe that’s me. 

And this is the big Ugly!

 

************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment